- John Kay Inventor of the Flying Shuttle
- Lancashire Cotton Famine
- Three Abraham Darby’s
- John Kay 1753-54 House destroyed by machine breakers…keeps inventing
- Population England & Wales 1780
- James Brindley Canal Builder
- Northampton and the First Cotton Spinning Mill 1742
- Silk making machinery 1745
- Repeal of Calico Act 1774
- What Caused the Industrial Revolution?
- James Watt Industrial Revolution
- John Wilkinson Ironmaster
- The Lunar Society bringing together brilliant minds
- The Luddites
Despite having his house destroyed by machine breakers and his own life threatened, the year before, John Kay continued to invent.
In 1754 John invented an improved carding machine which allowed the mill manufacturers to mechanise further but still they managed not to pay him for his patents.