Sir Robert Peel(2nd Baronet) became the 29th Prime Minister of Britain in December 1834
- He was the son of Sir Robert Peel (1st Baronet) of the Cotton Mill fame aka Burton-on-Trent , a major industrialist and wealth producer, see related articles.
- His mother was the first wife of his father Ellen YATES, who we believe was a relative of the family that his father and family had forged the business with.
- This Prime Minister was from a family that had directly made it’s wealth and success from industry not land and inherited estates.
- What was that to mean for his country?
- What were his motivations ins eeking office?
- What pattern in English life does this refelect?
- Watch for more related posts.